Fundamentals of Drone Mapping
Welcome to the world of Drone Mapping. Our comprehensive course on the Fundamentals of Drone Mapping has been designed to guide you through the process of UAV mapping and how to properly & safely plan, execute and process a full mapping mission from start to finish.
The course has been developed for a range of pilots – from zero skills in mapping to pilots who already have some skills but want to improve their knowledge around general aspects of mapping.
Content covered within this course includes;
- Introduction to Photogrammetry
- Data Acquisition Fundamentals
- Client Needs
- Flight Planning
- Flying the Mission and Data Analysis
- Fixed wing Operations
- RTK & PPK Operations
- PPP base station processing
- Use of GCPs and Checkpoints
- Pix4DMapper Processing & Data Analysis
- Maps Made Easy Processing & Data Analysis
- Google Earth Pro
The course is delivered in an equal distribution of both text and video lessons in order to facilitate an engaging learning experience.
Finally, we also provide a number of different data sets that you can download in order to follow along during the course & help hone your processing skills further. These data-sets include ;
- Non RTK flown missions
- RTK flown mission
- GCP files
- PPK Flown mission
- RINEX files for PPP & PPK processing